#donate sports equipment
How to Donate Used Sports Equipment and Gear
December 11, 2009 by Fitness
When the holidays roll around, we get all wrapped up in shopping for gifts. but this year, make some time to give back a little. Donating blood is one good deed you can do, or you can volunteer at your local animal shelter to walk dogs. Another idea that’s easy to do is go through all your fitness gear and see what you can donate. Nonprofit organizations are always looking for equipment, so here are some places you can contribute.
- Soles4Souls is an organization that accepts gently used running sneakers (like the ones you used on the treadmill), and helps them get to people in need.
- Or send your sneakers to Nike’s Reuse a Shoe. where every part of the shoe is ground up into material used to make running tracks, padding for underneath basketball courts, or the springy surface for tennis courts.
- Recycle Your Mat is the first mat recycling program, where mats are either recycled into other yoga products or donated to local community programs.
- Sports Gift is an organization devoted to bringing sports to underprivileged children. Check out the list of items they’re looking for.
- iLoveSchools.com connects teachers, coaches, and schools with donations of new or used resources.
- Freecycle allows you to give away gear to people who want or need it in your community, and stuff stays out of the landfills.
- Or contact your local Boys and Girls Club, after-school program, YMCA, or community center and donate directly to them.