Book Donations – Fairfax County, Virginia, donate books to library.#Donate #books #to #library
You can donate your gently used books and other materials to the Fairfax County Public Library. Book donations that aren’t added to the library’s collection are given to the Friends Groups of the library as inventory for future used book sales. The Friends Groups organize book sales throughout the year with all proceeds benefiting the library.
- All donations must be in good to excellent condition. We cannot accept soiled, damp or damaged materials or items with missing parts.
- You can donate popular fiction or nonfiction books, CDs or DVDs.
- Most Friends groups can accept recent text books and magazines, but to be certain, please check the Friends page of the branch where you wish to donate. Each branch varies as to what donations are accepted. Please see your branch’s Friends Group webpage for details.
- Donated items become the property of the Friends Group of the branch you donate to, if they are not added to the library’s collection, and may be placed in the ongoing or semi-annual book sales.
- We are unable to pick up donations from your home or business, but large donations are welcome. Please call or email the branch you’d like to donate to in order to arrange a drop off of large donations. See a full list of branches here. In certain cases, such as large estate sales, some Friends groups may be able to arrange pick up, please visit the Friends page on the library website or call the group directly to discuss the details of your donation. Friends Group
- A receipt can be given for donated materials for IRS reporting purposes. The library cannot assess any value on donated materials and will not provide a receipt for soiled or damaged materials.
To learn more about the qualifications for donating to your local branch, find your Friends Group here.
Connect with your library through social media